Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Professional Blogger I May Never Be...

I have a dear, precious, beautiful friend who is a professional blogger. Every day she composes blog entries loaded with useful content and laugh-out-loud descriptions of her adventures with her four sons. She is such a delightful wordsmith I sometimes just go visit her so I can bask in the glow of her talent!

Me, on the other hand, well...

It's June and here I am finally composing another entry into my fun little funky junk love blog.

So, here's what's new. I worked on this little garden tote for a couple of weeks to get it just the way I wanted it. Wait! I'm getting ahead of myself.

It was a Saturday morning and I was doing what I do on many Saturday mornings. I was checking out the local garage sales for funky finds when I spotted this long wooden toolbox looking thing.

I asked the nice man behind the card table, "what is this, exactly"?

The nice man looked at me like I was a goofy blond and said, " 'sa carpenter's toolbox". Oh, well duh. Facepalm!

I offered a small amount for the find and made my way, blond head hanging in shame for not knowing what it was, to the Jeep and back home to hide.

I gave it a good sanding, then started thinking of a paint scheme for this little cutie.

To me it looked like something that could be used as a sort of garden buddy. You could take your little sprouted plants and carry them along to where they were going to be planted, along with various tools and trowels, maybe your garden gloves...yeah. Sounded good. With that idea in mind there was really only one color I could paint it. Okay, well there are hundreds of colors I could have painted it, but I only have a few on hand so there was only one choice. I mean, who wants a garden buddy painted black?

I gave the garden buddy a few coats of spring green and breathed a deep sigh of satisfaction.




Ahhh. See, isn't that a perfectly springy green? NO, it's not white! It's GREEN. Say it with me spring grreeeeennnnn. So soothing.

Next I decided to give it a kind of argyle design on the front side. I used an orange color called paprika. It's a spicy orange. Oh so spicy. I alternated with meeting house blue milk paint for a little cottage-y kind of feel.


It still needed more. What did it need? Hmmm...  I know! It needed a french phrase and some flowers. Say what?! I don't know, really. My creative brain is sometimes an insane place to live. Just go with it.


je t'aime. See! Isn't that just lovely? Ahh. Now for the final unveiling of my carpenter's toolbox turned french-speaking garden buddy.
















There she is. Sweet, no? C'est magnifique! Ok, I don't really know what that means but it sounds so lovely I just had to throw it in.

If you like my projects, and don't mind my goofy humor, come by my facebook page and say hi! https://www.facebook.com/feistylisfunkyjunk

<3 Feistylis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've seen and read here? Leave us a comment!